Fourth of July is one of my favorite holidays. And what do we do ... search Pinterest of course, what else?! I love finding ideas to make holidays fun and memorable for my kids. And what's better than fun, memorable and easy!
If that sounds like your jam then check out these 5 Fourth of July Recipes Kids will Love.
1. Cookie Pops
It doesn't get any easier than this recipe from Healthy Little Peach and what kid doesn't LOVE Oreos?!
To make these Cookie Pops grab the following items:
- 1 Pack of Oreos
- Melting White Chocolate Wafers - If they have the meltable chocolate in blue and red grab those, if not no worries just grab some food coloring
- Patriotic Sprinkles
- Cake Pop Sticks
- Grab the Cake Pop Sticks and put them into the Oreos
- Melt the White Chocolate Wafers and dip half the Oreo into the white chocolate, then sit it down on parchment paper to dry.
- Melt the blue and red chocolate wafers (or divide the white chocolate into two separate bowls and add food coloring) then one at a time drizzle over the Oreos.
- Last step throw on some sprinkles and voila! You're done!
2. Pigs in a Blanket
Pigs in a Blanket a classic appetizer that I'm sure everyone has made. Serve it on a patriotic tray/dish and throw on some American Flags and it's an easy Fourth of July dish.
3. Chips and Salsa
Not your traditional hot dogs and hamburgers but I found these chips and salsa with the red, white and blue chips on Preppy & Periwinkle. I mean really?! These chips are awesome! Am I the only one who has never seen these before? My kids love chips and dip (cheese dip to be exact). I found the chips at Sam's Club. And to keep it easy you can grab premade Salsa or Cheese Dip.
4. Layered Red, White and Blue Drink
What kid isn't going to go crazy over these ?! I'm not even a kid and I'm going crazy over these! I found the recipe for these IN Katrina's Kitchen. It's as easy as 3 drinks and you layer them based on heaviest sugar content goes on the bottom first.
Depending on your taste buds
- Red - Red Fruit Punch or Cranberry Juice
- White - Frost Gatorade or Sprite
- Blue - Blue Gatorade
Make sure to follow instructions from Katrina's Kitchen where she gives you the top two secrets to the best layered drinks. 1. Layer the sugar content and 2. Plenty of Ice
5. Ice Cream Sandwich
Dessert ?! Yes, please! This came from A Thoughtful Place. I don't think a dessert could get any easier.
- Grab Ice cream Sandwiches
- Put a popsicle stick in one end
- Roll it into some patriotic sprinkles
You can roll with them as is or I love the idea of using a cupcake wrapper with them. First off, its adorable but maybe it will help catch some of the mess.
That wraps up our 5 Fourth of July Recipes Kids Will Love. I tried getting a range of items from the drinks, appetizers and dessert.
Let me know in the comments if you made any of these and how much your kids loved them!